Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Social D. Documentary

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Glenn Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    784
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Saint of Circumstance and Mike AZ - I agree with you both.... Social D. has always been a lot more than a punk rock band and the documentary should also focus on more band members other than Ness for instance how we got the current line-up today and past interviews with former members as well as the SoCal Kustom Car Culture and the whole Hootenanny bit. Like I said if this was done right with the right people in charge, right interviews and taken it's time on; this could be one of the greatest!

  2. #12
    Inactive Member RnROutlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Don't think that way..
    I read in an interview this year that the plan still exists but Ness also pointed out that he was "the man" in the past of the band, the guy who did everything, wrote the songs. The others had ideas but the chief work did Michael. That's the reason why he likes to work with Jonny today.

    I also think that we don't need a kustom culture documentary but I also keep in mind that a project with alot of interviews could be too expensive.. but hey.. where is Monk?!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member cc327's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2005
    Posts
    195
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm definately looking forward to it. I hope they include and interview all the surviving past members.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member hour_of_darkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    506
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If all the fans out there want to help in throwing together and raising the funding I would gladly produce a doc on them the way it's should be done!

    It's actually something I've thought about for a long time - the money I'd have to spend on licensing of footage and band related things is just more than I'm able to tackle at this point without outside help in raising the funds.

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ September 12, 2007 12:52 AM: Message edited by: hour_of_darkness ]</font>

  5. #15
    Inactive Member sean606's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 12th, 2005
    Posts
    263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    have i missed something? where has this info come from?

  6. #16
    HB Forum Owner Jnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2006
    Posts
    141
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Like you guys said I hope it has detailed info on all the band members not just Mike. For example, whatever happened to Chuck Biscuits? That guy has seemingly dropped off the face of the planet since leaving Social D.

    Anyway I also hope to see concert/backstage footage of all the different era's of Social D. Compare how they sound now to how they sounded 25 years ago etc.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member sandnash's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by sean606:
    have i missed something? where has this info come from?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I know...where the hell did this news come from!!!? I don't want anyone to be pulling my chain. I was seriously sitting at work last week, thinking to myself, "how the hell has there not been a Social D career retrospective?" Maybe it'll happen...but I won't count on it for 3 or 4 years. Things are taking a little longer these days... [img]wink.gif[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member RnROutlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Call Mike, maybe he will give you the same info [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Chuck? He still searches the head of Evan Dando, that's all.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member joober jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2007
    Posts
    67
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dennis Danell and Brent Liles may be gone, but I hope in the documentary they can get some interviews with Derek O'Brien and John Maurer.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member jen415's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2005
    Posts
    641
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Look up the thread a while back about Joe Escalante. A couple links there where he talks of doing the Social D Documentary.

    A main reason why Social D is so cool is the progression of the music. From the early punk days to the more rockabilly influenced albums, and then the more finely tuned band they are today. No point in making a doc if you don't include many that were involved in the progression. Listening to the Mike's commentary on Another State of Mind, I feel that Mike either doesn't remember or doesn't want to share a lot from the early days. He does seem more open and easy going in the Punks Not Dead movie, so maybe if he gets positive feedback from that he'll be more open to opening up for this documentary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •